Not long ago, it was almost unheard of for someone to change anything about their smile. While braces have been around for a long time, and tooth whitening procedures to some degree, real cosmetic procedures weren’t around very much. The only reason people used to go to the dentist was for hygiene and health. Today, this continues to be an integral part of overall oral care. However, thanks to new technologies and innovations, it is now possible to have a custom-designed smile. In fact, the field of cosmetic surgery is now a recognized specialization, and any good dentist in Clinton would pride themselves on offering this type of specialization.
No longer is it a case of having teeth straightened and nothing else, or having your teeth pulled if they are rotten. Today, you can have a beautiful, straight, sparkling white smile thanks to cosmetic dentistry. Considering we live in a society where people are judged for their appearance, this is important, like it or not.
Different Forms of Cosmetic Dentistry Offered by a Dentist in Clinton
There are numerous cosmetic procedures that you can use, including:
- Teeth whitening. Here, a cosmetic dentist will use different chemicals to effectively bleach the teeth. Often, you will need to come back several times in order to achieve the result you want. Teeth whitening is so popular nowadays, that many businesses have started to develop teeth whitening kits. These, however, can have very damaging results as the chemicals are not professionally mixed if you do it yourself. Hence, visiting a cosmetic dentist is always a better idea.
- Porcelain veneers. These are a type of ceramic cover that is placed over your teeth. This will change their color instantly, while at the same time also changing the size and shape of your teeth in the way you want them to be.
- Dental implants. If someone has an irreparable tooth or a missing tooth, it can now be replaced thanks to a dental implant. This fully restores dental function, as well as the smile itself. It also means that there is no more need for braces or dentures.
- Tooth contouring. Should you have a tooth that is chipped or has been abnormally shaped, or you have a tooth that has grown slightly crookedly and hurt the teeth next to it, a small piece of surface can be removed. In so doing, the overall smile is improved and defects will have minimized.
- Orthodontics once focused solely on braces, which were unsightly metal objects used mainly by teenagers. Today, they are suitable for all ages and they have been designed in such a way that they are almost invisible. Hence, they have given people an opportunity to finally have that beautiful, straight smile, regardless of their age.
As you can see, there are now many cosmetic procedures available for those who want to improve the look of their smile. No longer is there any need to smile behind your hand or to hide your mouth in any other way.