Looking for modern bow windows?
Bow windows are a great choice that will decorate almost any home and allow in more natural light.
Stay tuned, if you want to know all about the pros and cons of these windows and make the right choice for yourself.
Why Choose Bow Windows for Your Home?
You should definitely pay attention to this type of window structures, if you are looking for:
- Panoramic view of the outdoors, which is achieved due to the narrow outer profile.
- Since such systems protrude out from the home, you can additionally use the space near the windows for seating, storage, or for decorative purposes.
- Even more light in the room, due to the greater number of glass panes.
- Thanks to the design, bow windows span both sides of a house, and thus open up the entire corner to sweeping panoramic views with minimal visual disruptions. That is why such systems are often installed at the corner of the house or in buildings that are designed in the form of a tower.
- Great choice for houses in Victorian style.
- These window systems typically combine 4 to 6 windows. They are located at an angle of 10°, which creates a rounded appearance on the outside of the home.
- They look good in the kitchen or in the bedroom.
- The original shape of these windows contributes to the overall value of your home.
Bow Windows Disadvantages
Of course, such products have their cons:
- Due to the design these windows are more difficult to install. Being incorrectly installed, such systems may allow draughts or moisture into the dwelling.
- Cost more than traditional options.
- Are not popular among the lovers of modern style, for them they look too old-fashioned.
- Less energy efficient than casement and other types of traditional window systems. The fact that such windows take up more space, so they can reduce the amount of heat inside the room in winter.
Despite the disadvantages, modern bow windows are very popular among Canadian homeowners. If you want to decorate your home and are ready to install such window systems, use the services of Vinyl Light Windows & Doors.
The range of the brand includes a lot of bay windows of different styles and sizes. Here you will surely choose the best option for your interior!
Experienced Vinyl Light craftsmen know all the nuances of such designs installation to minimize the risk of heat loss, so your home will be the most comfortable and enjoyable for life.